Bayelsa governorship election tribunal sitting in Abuja has affirmed victory of Douye Diri as Bayelsa state governor .
The tribunal also held as follows
1. Court held that the deputy governor, Senator Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo, is a Nigerian, is over 35 years, belongs to PDP and the NYSC confirmed that he applied for correction of his certificate. As such he was eminently qualified to contest the election
2. Tribunal held that he has more that a school certificate
3. Allegation that he altered his NYSC certificate was not proved beyond reasonable doubt
5. First judgment in Petition No. 8 by Owei Tongu (AD) delivered. Petition dismissed.
6. The cause of action is a pre-election matter. Petitioner failed to prove case.
7. Cost of N200,000 each to all respondents save 4th respondent (INEC).